Thursday, February 18, 2010

UNIT 3

Present Perfect Tense
PRACTICE 1

1) have never been

2) had misplaced

3) am also losing

4) am not be

5) had spent

6) have been through

7) just came

8) am losing



My Story :

You want to know my bad experience? Well, me and about four of my friends went to Midvalley Megamall to go shopping last weekend. When I'm about to pay my bill, my purse had been grabbed by a man. So rude! I'm so shocked, then my friend had screamed for me. The guard ran after the man. He got my purse back. I'm so thankful. Unfortunately, I had left all my shopping bags in the train. Until now, I'm still thinking why that day was so terrible to me.







PRACTICE 2

1) had recorded

2) recently introduced

3) had already take

4) had filed

5) have no

6) will never get

7) lately have shown

8) came up

9) had proposed

10) are not trying

11) are also not be able

12) will, determine

13) can, suggest

14) how will, contact

15) do, agree

16) had informed

17) has been

18) are searching

19) did not


Based on the report, I have decided to make some renovation to our premise so that our staff will be more comfortable to do their works and I hope that with this renovation, we can make more input to our company. In addition, I need all of you to make some survey in every department to ask what they need to encourage them in order to do a great job. Plus, I also want you to ask our staff their opinion and suggestion about our company.







Past Perfect Tense
PRACTICE 1

1) Before Ryan had played the whole day, he already studied

2) By the time my parents finished dinner, my brother just reached home.

3) As soon as Syeera completed her assignment, Mya already submitted hers.

4) We're going to wait until someone disagreed with the idea, by then the committee will
explained in detail.



PRACTICE 2

1) Right after the man paid his bill, he left a tip to the waitress,

2) Ali got a clean bill of health, he exercised everyday.

3) After Afrina and Ryque had an engagement ceremony last week, they got married today.

4) This morning, I ate fruit first, by then I ate the main meal.

5) Dania do some part time job. By babysat the toddler, she received extra allowance.

6) She had rested after cleaned the kitchen.

7) My dad did some survey before went travelling to Africa

8) My mom prepared some food and served it to the guests.

9) Haiqal always slept like a log and worked like a dog.



PRACTICE 3

1) The man is driving a luxury car but did not know who owns the car

2) The results shown might be wrong

3) The supplier of the books might be sent the books to the wrong person

4) The umpire announced the wrong person as the winner of the tennis match

5) The tyre was actually fine, but I thought it was flat

6) The university offered a placed to him because he was active in co-curriculum activity

No comments:

Post a Comment